- Assistance with navigating the National Terms & Conditions of the Employment of Registrars (NTCER)
- Dedicated employment advice and mediation with RTOs and training practices
- Access to the MJA (valued at $499), InSight, Medicus & Med e-link
- Access to AMA fees list (valued at $499)
- AMA Mortgage Broker -exclusive with up to $2,000 extra cashback^. More on this.
- Exclusive networking events, workshops & webinars
- Free financial health check
- Police Medical Identification Card – exclusive for AMA (WA) members
- 5% discount at AMA Medical Products
- Just launched! Member Benefits Program – an exclusive, expanded suite of rewards, discounts and special offers for AMA (WA) members
- Over $3,000 in value in your membership package^
^Terms and conditions apply.
Why you should join us!
Dr Rosalind Forward
"As GP registrars, we are some of the most isolated and vulnerable doctors in the community. The AMA (WA) can help advocate for and support GP registrars both individually to negotiate contracts, and as a group to improve our terms and conditions. There is power in numbers and to get the most from the AMA (WA), we need to band together as a group –membership and involvement in the AMA is one of the best ways to do this. So, if you aren’t a member, now is the time to join."
AMA (WA) working for GP Registrars
- Advocating for safety in the workplace.
- Ensuring personalised assistance with workplace employment matters such as contracts of employment and support through performance and disciplinary processes, discrimination and bullying.
- Brokering an agreement with the Federal Government for expanded telehealth access during COVID
- Advocacy on public health issues including access to influenza vaccine shortages.
- Effecting thaw of the Medicare freeze for GPs first.
Support and Representation
The Australian Medical Association (WA)’s General Practice and Doctors in Training Practice Groups represent the interests of GP registrars, and advocate for them. The Association provides resources and guidance to GP registrars undertaking hospital and GP placements, assisting with industrial matters, contracts of employment and issues related to GP training.
General Practice Training
Working with Western Australian General Practice Education and Training (WAGPET), the AMA (WA) delivers information sessions for GP registrars in relation to contractual and training matters.
Information on WAGPET and the GP Training program in WA can be found on the WAGPET or CareerGP websites. These websites also include information on making applications to join the GP Training program and what the training covers.
AMA (WA) members can also access our seminar program which includes the Youth Friendly Doctor Training Program, business training programs and CPR training. Visit the Events and Training Page for further information.
Through the Federal AMA’s doctorportal Learning, a range of professional development, career services and support resources (such as the CPD tracker) is provided.